Life sucks!
30th of April, I was driving about the LDP and out of the sudden, I knocked into the back of a Mercedes E320. Honestly I hadn't realise that the cars in front had slowed down to a stop and I was going like 60km/h. About 7 feet ahead of me was the Mercedes, feet hard on the brake, tires screeching on the hot evening tarmac, I just slightly nudged the back bumper of the Mercedes. It wasn't much, but the chaos I caused behind, a Kelisa at the back swerved a little out of line, with a truck on the other lane and a motorcycle right in front. The 2 motorcyclist fell over, not badly injured, thankfully, weren't crushed by the truck either.
I pulled over to the left side of the highway along with the driver of the Mercedes. He was a nice Malay guy, telling me that the car wasn't his, but his boss', which wasn't a good sign for me. We talked out a bit, phone calls made to meet up and resolve the matter but so far we hadn't came up to a price cause both cars hadn't been to a workshop. Most likely I'd be the one who has to pay for the whole, roughly 2000 just for the Mercedes, which so far we know has a damaged reverse signal and scratches on its bumper. My Vios however wasn't that bad with just a light gash along the front bumper. Painfully, the paint on my car is to say, one of a kind. Most Vios' are. So the paint itself wouldn't be much lesser either.
Well, there goes my year and a month of driving clean sheet. Though we agreed that this isn't going to be reported and to be solved privately, this is going to hurt myself personally. I learned that no one is invincible. My driving skills were learnt from my dad, driving since he was 16, I observe every move he makes while he drives as I sat next to him in the cars he drive. He is honestly the best driver I will ever know, though he does sometimes make the occasional mistake like backing up into a parking meter, but hey, like I said, no one is invulnerable. I previously thought that since I was so good in driving, I wouldn't be so impotent against road accidents. To me, this is listed as one of my nightmares and also a well deserved lesson, cause driving is certainly one of my favourite things to do and this accident is replaying in my mind every time.
Anyways, as soon as I got home, I fell into a fever. The reason why I hadn't notice the cars in front of me slowing down. I went straight to sleep as soon as I got to my room and fell well asleep for hours. Hadn't been well for days and caused me to miss Kitson's birthday party on Friday night. (Sorry bout that Kit, will make it up to you another day) Well I guess that is enough talk for now. I'll update soon! =]
-=min=-
I pulled over to the left side of the highway along with the driver of the Mercedes. He was a nice Malay guy, telling me that the car wasn't his, but his boss', which wasn't a good sign for me. We talked out a bit, phone calls made to meet up and resolve the matter but so far we hadn't came up to a price cause both cars hadn't been to a workshop. Most likely I'd be the one who has to pay for the whole, roughly 2000 just for the Mercedes, which so far we know has a damaged reverse signal and scratches on its bumper. My Vios however wasn't that bad with just a light gash along the front bumper. Painfully, the paint on my car is to say, one of a kind. Most Vios' are. So the paint itself wouldn't be much lesser either.
Well, there goes my year and a month of driving clean sheet. Though we agreed that this isn't going to be reported and to be solved privately, this is going to hurt myself personally. I learned that no one is invincible. My driving skills were learnt from my dad, driving since he was 16, I observe every move he makes while he drives as I sat next to him in the cars he drive. He is honestly the best driver I will ever know, though he does sometimes make the occasional mistake like backing up into a parking meter, but hey, like I said, no one is invulnerable. I previously thought that since I was so good in driving, I wouldn't be so impotent against road accidents. To me, this is listed as one of my nightmares and also a well deserved lesson, cause driving is certainly one of my favourite things to do and this accident is replaying in my mind every time.
Anyways, as soon as I got home, I fell into a fever. The reason why I hadn't notice the cars in front of me slowing down. I went straight to sleep as soon as I got to my room and fell well asleep for hours. Hadn't been well for days and caused me to miss Kitson's birthday party on Friday night. (Sorry bout that Kit, will make it up to you another day) Well I guess that is enough talk for now. I'll update soon! =]
-=min=-


No comments:
Post a Comment